[[Invoke]] vs [[Get]]

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 12:44:01 PDT 2013

On Jun 8, 2013, at 3:30 AM, Till Schneidereit wrote:

> At the last TC39 meeting, an agreement was reached for proxies to support an Invoke trap.

Finally (I remember that long thread 2 years ago when I was advocating for it).

Curious what was the reasoning behind this now, since as I understand the invoke trap wont' be for "virtual" (non-existing methods), but still for real function objects returned from the invoke trap -- in order to keep extracting to a var invariant working. If the later should be preserved, then the [[Get]] should be called anyways as I see.

Dmitry