JSON Duplicate Keys

Yehuda Katz wycats at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:31:18 PDT 2013

At two TC39 meetings, members of TC39 expressed deep concern about the
prospect of incompatible changes to JSON by the IETF. It seems as though
the IETF would like to consider one or more incompatible changes to JSON as
part of this standardization process. There is extremely little support on
TC39 for such changes.

We could keep an eye on the IETF list for the introduction of incompatible
changes and keep popping up to express this sentiment, but I believe that
it would be better if any proposed incompatible changes were raised here
before there was serious consideration in the IETF.

I do not believe that "you should have been paying attention" will be
sufficient to gain consensus on TC39 for incompatible changes.

Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325