Modularity: ES6 modules vs. HTML imports vs. asm.js

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Sat Jun 8 07:44:20 PDT 2013

> HTML imports are importing HTML, not JS.  Coordination is always good,
> but I don't know what that would entail here.

They import a mix of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. So it isn’t entirely clear to me, either, what an integrated solution would look like (or if it would even make sense). But apart from the content, they are very similar to ES6 modules: you would also want to load on demand, they have dependencies that need to be fulfilledd, etc.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de