Minor questions on new module BNF

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 08:10:59 PDT 2013

> In this case, the `import` statement is just asking the module loader to
> download "someModule", but allowing the app to move on with life and not
> bother executing it. This would allow an app to depend on a bunch of
> top-level modules that got executed only once the user entered a particular
> area, saving on initial boot time.

That explains it, but I wonder how much time is saved.  The browser would
have to fetch the module and parse the module text in order to pick up
dependencies.  If modules don't have side-effects, then I presume that they
don't really do much of anything when executed, other than initialize
bindings.

Thanks again!

{ Kevin }