May 21, 22, 23 TC39 Meeting Notes

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 07:19:37 PDT 2013

> Well, it's unclear to me exactly what semantics Kevin was proposing,
> but the current system has "export * from ..." and this introduces
> many of the same problems once you import and export modules.
>
> And the complexity of the static semantics is what I'm trying to point
> out, fundamentally.

We need nested modules, but I'm thinking that we would be okay disallowing
the exporting of modules in the first pass.  If modules cannot be exported
(and hence imported), are there still problems (with complexity or
otherwise)?

I'm still trying to get a handle on the problem or complexity which arises
when adding the ability to export modules.  Is there a way that we can
state the problem in terms of an algorithm (graph traversal, etc)?

{ Kevin }