Harmony modules

Jorge jorge at jorgechamorro.com
Sat Jun 1 16:14:35 PDT 2013

On 01/06/2013, at 23:57, François REMY wrote:

> Arrow functions probably shouldn’t be used for this, this is not very readable.

Yeah, arrow functions are grawlix-y per se, but I've come to admit that Brendan (et al) was (were) right: they're going to be a Good Part™.

> I think you should have a look at modules, this is what is expected to replace this pattern ;-)

I understand node modules perfectly but everything I've seen in es-discuss about the modules proposal was almost incomprehensible (for me). Do you know of a harmony-modules-for-dummies doc or video that I can read/see to learn more? :-)

How would I turn this IIFE into an inlined module?

var myModule= (()=>{
  //...
  return someThing;
})();

Also, in node the modules are read synchronously from a disk drive, how can these new es6 modules deal with modules that have to be read from the network when is JS there's no means for IO?

Thank you,
--
( Jorge )();