Adding [[Invoke]] to address issues with methods called on Proxies

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Wed Jan 30 05:41:58 PST 2013

On 29 January 2013 21:14, Tom Van Cutsem <tomvc.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/1/29 Brandon Benvie <brandon at brandonbenvie.com>
>>
>> Proxies are the thing that ultimately complicates the object model and
>> these are fallout from it, but most of us agree that Proxies are worth it.
>
> I think this is a strange way of characterizing proxies. The object model is
> there, and proxies merely expose it to JS programmers. Proxies aren't
> themselves supposed to complicate the object model further.

I suppose you mean that proxies aren't supposed to complicate
pre-existing aspects of the object model. Their mere existence of
course is a major complication in itself. (And I admit here and now
that I have those blasphemous moments where I actually develop serious
doubts that they "are worth it"...)

/Andreas