Ducks, Rabbits, and Privacy

Kevin Reid kpreid at google.com
Wed Jan 23 10:26:50 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Kevin Reid <kpreid at google.com> wrote:

> FYI, this is essentially identical to the 'Confidence' abstraction I
> developed for domado.js in Caja. Perhaps the choice could be further
> informed by looking at how it's worked out there.

Perhaps I should have included a link:
http://code.google.com/p/google-caja/source/browse/trunk/src/com/google/caja/plugin/domado.js?spec=svn5223&r=5223#359

The idea is that 'Confidence' introduces a 'class with private fields' as
if in Java: each object which has a private state record is considered to
be an instance. The private record is used identically to Kevin Smith's
examples, but my analogue of getPrivate on a new object fails hard rather
than creating one — analogous to a ClassCastException.