Wiki and drafts (was: Polyfill for Maps and Sets)

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Fri Jan 18 10:45:17 PST 2013

I think part of the confusion is that, from what I understand, "harmony" refers to things that are agreed upon by all TC39 members, or at least were at one time. But this does not imply it being in ES6.

That is, much confusion I've seen on the internet stems from people assuming "harmony" means ES6, since for so long we were calling it "ECMAScript Harmony."

I'd suggest either downgrading non-ES6 proposals to strawman, or creating a new "es6" namespace and moving the relevant pages there. The former is probably very appropriate for things that were once harmonious, but now contentious or obsoleted by other features.

--

Of course, the actual solution for all this is for me to launch a bunch of pull requests against Dave's new wiki, giving it the same breadth and depth as the current one. Then we can point the internet to that as the authoritative source of information, with the current wiki used more as a scratchpad or historical archive. I'll try to re-shuffle my to-do list...