Private Slots

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Thu Jan 17 12:50:44 PST 2013

>> I have suggested before that it would be good to put control
>> over object iteration into the hands of the object authors, by
>> enabling them to override the slot iteration method.
>
> I might be missing something, but isn't this basically covered
> with the enumerable flag?

There are several object iteration protocols, of which enumerable
implicitly specifies one, and this one is (a) somewhat out of favor
as the default and (b) does not cover private slots.

One could think about a 'freezable' flag, to allow private slots
to participate in the iteration behind .freeze.

Claus