Private Slots

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 03:33:39 PST 2013

> Private Symbols actually have very little impact upon the core ES
> specification and presumably implementations.  The only place they
> introduce any real complications is in the semantics of proxies.  And even
> there, the complications are manageable.

Let's not forget the impact on gOPN (censoring of private symbols) (and if
the spec hadn't been refactored so that other internal algorithms depended
upon gOPN, they too would have required changes). That said, I agree the
complexity remains manageable overall, but it's added complexity
nonetheless.

Cheers,
Tom