Private Slots

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:53:48 PST 2013

> My position on private symbols.
>
> My position on classes is and has always been that classes are worth
> introducing into the language *only* if they give us, or can be used
> with, an affordable means for true object encapsulation.

Classes want encapsulation, yes.  But do they want low-integrity,
reflectable encapsulation (a'la Java's private modifier), or
high-integrity, security-minded encapsulation (a'la closures)?

If the latter, then why?  OO design clearly only needs the former, which is
handily provided by unique symbols.

{ Kevin }