Private Slots

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Wed Jan 16 12:15:04 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Brandon Benvie
<brandon at brandonbenvie.com> wrote:
> To compare the various scenarios, this is what (I believe) it looks like for
> SES. In ES5, SES currently censors gOPN I believe, in order to implement the
> equivalent of private keys and/or WeakMap.

SES includes all API defined in std ES5 including gOPN. On platforms
without built-in WeakMaps, SES does virtualize gOPN as part of its
emulation of WeakMaps, but that should be completely invisible to the
SES user. SES currently only seeks to be like ES5+WeakMaps. It does
not currently attempt to emulate private or unique symbols.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM