excluding features from sloppy mode

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Wed Jan 16 11:54:39 PST 2013

Coincidentally, I compiled a list of interesting cases a few days ago, for both const and let. They were meant to be used in kangax's ES6 compatibility table:

https://github.com/kangax/es5-compat-table/issues/58

In short:

const x; // SyntaxError
let x; let x; // SyntaxError
const x = 5; const x = 5; // SyntaxError
x; const x = 5; // ReferenceError
x; let x; // ReferenceError
const x = 2; { x; const x = 5; } // ReferenceError
let x; { x; let x; } // ReferenceError

plus a test of fresh per-loop iteration for let

Corrections welcome, and kudos to Brandon Benvie on pointing me to the fact that those last four should be ReferenceErrors.