excluding features from sloppy mode

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:41:28 PST 2013

FWIW, after considering it for some time (there's a draft sitting around
somewhere that I half-finished), I realize that point 4 ("All new syntax
forms with code bodies are implicit strict") isn't going to work in
seriousness.  Why?  Because if you list out the new syntactic forms with
code bodies (object methods, generators, arrows, classes, and modules),
it's really hard to make a case for implicit strict in anything but modules
and classes.  Too much refactoring hazard.

I like (#6), and it would effectively kill sloppy mode (win!), but it would
require equipping the parser with a "strict-mode-spank-belt", which is
probably not the best way to engender the trust and goodwill of the masses.

{ Kevin }