Private Slots

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Jan 15 00:03:45 PST 2013

Kevin Smith wrote:
> I think of this fact as rather supporting my view, because freezing is
> no longer freezing the whole object, as before.

It's really none of your business when you try to freeze my object
whether any of

(a) pre-existing private-symbol-named properties remain writable;
(b) weakmap-encoded private state remains writable;
(c) objects-as-closures environment variables remain writable.

Really. Not. Your. Business!

>  Thus, while the freeze operation might remain unchanged, the object
> model has shifted under our feet.

Did (b) or (c) shift anything under your feet? RNOB!