Private Slots

Nathan Wall nathan.wall at live.com
Mon Jan 14 19:08:37 PST 2013

> In order to satisfy security guarantees, properties which are keys on
> private symbols are not returned by getOwnPropertyNames.

That's why the methods are bound to the original object.

I realize, however, that non-method properties don't work correctly this way (so I probably just should have not sent my original message). Accessors could be used. You'd probably make the point that having private symbols around introduces these kinds of confusions. My opinion is I don't think it's that hard to learn how private symbols work and develop a consistent approach to mixins if you want to use them.

Nathan