New paper: "Distributed Electronic Rights in JavaScript"

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Mon Jan 14 15:05:41 PST 2013

A fair point. By "contracts" in that first word, we refer to
real-world contracts. For software "contracts", we initially had a
footnote trying to explain the relationship between the "smart
contracts" we're talking about and the type-like "contracts" that this
literature refers to. Perhaps unwisely, I removed it because I thought
it created more confusion than it cleared up. By introducing "the
exchange of rights" in that same first sentence I hope we make it
clear that we're talking about a different kind of contract, one
closer to the real world notion.

I'll see if I can find the footnote I deleted, at least for the record
here on es-discuss ;).

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM