Additional cascading Map/Set/WeakMap methods?

Nathan Wall nathan.wall at live.com
Sun Jan 13 20:33:00 PST 2013

Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> if we excluded the cascade result at the API design level then we are
> making it impossible for those who like the cascade pattern from using it.

The biggest thing I got out of the discussion Mark linked to is that the cascade pattern is potentially supportable with an operator in a future ES. It seems like if there's a pretty good possibility a cascade operator will be something we can look forward to in ES7, then it'd be redundant to have methods which return `this` -- which frees up mutation methods to return other, potentially meaningful things (true/false for delete, value for set, etc).

Nathan