Additional cascading Map/Set/WeakMap methods?

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:29:54 PST 2013

On Sunday, January 13, 2013, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:

> and that was ... U_U
>
> var anotherValue = map.{
>   delete(key);
>   set(other, value);
>   get(another);
> };

The cascade operator was too late for ES6.

I still strongly agree with returning the collection post-mutation and I
think Allen's position above is the most progressive so far.

The opposing argument has consistently given one example (the ternary)
along with "I don't like it"—stop using this argument, it's neither
compelling, nor does it represent the preferences of the JavaScript
programmer community—a vocal minority at best.

Rick