Additional cascading Map/Set/WeakMap methods?

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sun Jan 13 18:45:19 PST 2013

Since then, due to issues pointed out here on es-discuss, I withdrew
my consensus from this decision.

See also <https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-December/026971.html>
where Andreas states the issue more clearly than I did.

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
> At the last TC39 meeting, it was agreed tothat the set/add methods would return the collection that to which something is being added.
>
> This supports code patterns like:
>
> someMap.set(key1,value1).set(key2,value3);
>
> In making this change to the spec. I noticed several other methods that could reasonably be used in this same pattern. For example:
>
> someMap.clear().set(aKey, aValue);
>
> someSet.delete(oldMember).add(newMember);
>
> Are there any objections to making the clear and delete methods of Map/WeakMap/Set also return the collection, just like set/add?
>
> Allen

    Cheers,
    --MarkM