direct_proxies "problem"

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:25:01 PST 2013

Le 09/01/2013 14:55, Andrea Giammarchi a écrit :
> all this reminds me, hilariously, the Object.defineProperty case in
> Internet Explorer 8 ... the infamous implementation that works only on
> global and DOM objects. Here we have the opposite behavior, something
> so powerful that could let us redefine W3C specs or eventually make
> them consistent across browsers where every time something is needed
> we don't even need to wait for specs to be approved (I know, this
> might be the beginning of the Chaos too) will land in Web development
> world half-backed and with known inconsistencies able to break normal
> code.
With the shadow target idea, you could make a huge amount of things
consistent across browsers I think. It costs twice as much objects and I
don't know for time performance, but at least, you have the cross browser.

> So, at least, I would expect an error **when** the new Proxy is not
> able to replace the identity of the first argument and not after,
> because after is simply too late and I think completely pointless.
I strongly agree with this idea. Either the object can be safely wrapped
and it is or if it cannot, throw on the Proxy constructor call.

David