direct_proxies "problem"

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:55:23 PST 2013

all this reminds me, hilariously, the Object.defineProperty case in
Internet Explorer 8 ... the infamous implementation that works only on
global and DOM objects. Here we have the opposite behavior, something so
powerful that could let us redefine W3C specs or eventually make them
consistent across browsers where every time something is needed we don't
even need to wait for specs to be approved (I know, this might be the
beginning of the Chaos too) will land in Web development world half-backed
and with known inconsistencies able to break normal code.

So, at least, I would expect an error **when** the new Proxy is not able to
replace the identity of the first argument and not after, because after is
simply too late and I think completely pointless.

Just my 2 cents.

br