Good-bye constructor functions?

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Jan 8 14:31:16 PST 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 10:12 AM, François REMY wrote:

>> Nothing's unfair about designing by use-cases, and that's how a lot of
>> the Web standards roll.
>
> I'm not sure I'm on topic because I didn't go throug the full thread, only a few mail, but what about the case of non-constructible DOM objects?

With the behaviors of the current ES6 spec. you could still manually wire up such an interface object include a prototype and use it as the superclass in a class declaration.

If you want to use a class declaration to define such a thing, you could presumably put a throw as the first statement of its constructor.

Allen