direct_proxies "problem"

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:33:20 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Andrea Giammarchi
<andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> so you are saying that Object.observe() does not suffer these problems ? Or
> is just much simpler than Proxies ? ( yeah, I know, I guess both ... )

I believe it just wouldn't suffer the same problems - it needs to
observe the JS-visible stuff, which DOM objects expose normally, so it
can just hook those.  Alternately, it can be specialized to handle DOM
stuff correctly even with their craziness.  I'm not familiar with the
implementations of it.

~TJ