Good-bye constructor functions?

François REMY francois.remy.dev at outlook.com
Tue Jan 8 10:12:15 PST 2013

> Nothing's unfair about designing by use-cases, and that's how a lot of
> the Web standards roll.

I'm not sure I'm on topic because I didn't go throug the full thread, only a few mail, but what about the case of non-constructible DOM objects?

Until recently (still now on IE) you could only create a custom event via document.createEvent("CustomEvent") and the CustomEvent interface had no constructor (while CustomEvent.prototype do work and is the prototype of a custom event).

In IE10, document.createEvent("CustomEvent").constructor==CustomEvent but CustomEvent is not a function, it's just a holder for CustomEvent.prototype==Object.getPrototypeOf(customEv).

Best regards,
François