Better event listeners

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:15:05 PST 2013

I wonder if this is the moment where redemption can happen... Instead of
trying to invent some kind of new approach, why not standardize on the
massive, 16 lane, mega-highway cow-path just waiting to be paved:

on => addEventListener
off => removeEventListener
emit => dispatchEvent

I'd suggest Node's EventEmitter (and EventEmitter2) as a reasonable
starting point for an ideal, "subclassable" EventTarget-like system.

Rick