'function *' is not mandatory

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sat Aug 31 18:01:01 PDT 2013

Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Brendan, your response to Allen & I, citing Yuichi, misses this point
> as well.

No, I get that point and ack'ed it to Allen:

"""
>    A regular Function's body is evaluated before its call returns.

Yes, generators have an implicit yield; at the top. Now you have hit an
essential difference with other functions.

"""

I only just found time to read http://erights.org/data/irrelevance.html
-- good stuff. Implicit among all code readers. In the Unix kernel of
old, a single-threaded program except for interrupts, one had to know
what function might sleep(). Deep continuations considered harmful.