Non-extensibility of Typed Arrays

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sat Aug 31 12:21:28 PDT 2013

Filip Pizlo wrote:
> I think it's better if you pick one use case and get it totally right.
>  You're not going to get the "optimize my JS code with types" use case
> right.  So stick to the binary data mapping use case, and allow
> arbitrary aliasing.

I am on the same page; any quibbling from me about your question 2 has
an answer no stronger than "the machine-type info doesn't hurt
performance, and could help some engines".

It would hurt developers if they fell under the influence of some bad
use-structs-for-speed cult, but (especially from what you say about JSC)
this doesn't sound like a big risk.