Non-extensibility of Typed Arrays

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Fri Aug 30 15:46:15 PDT 2013

On Aug 30, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Filip Pizlo <fpizlo at apple.com> wrote:

> OK - by "sanepants" do you mean that there is no weirdo aliasing?  Going back to my example of field 'a' aliasing field 'b' - is it possible?

There is plenty of aliasing possible, but I'm trying to understand what you mean specifically by "weirdo" aliasing. Do you mean that in a given struct it's impossible for it to have two fields that alias each other? That's definitely true. E.g., if I have a struct type

    var T = new StructType({ a: t1, b: t2, ... });

then for any given instance x of T, I know for sure that x.a and x.b do not alias the same storage.

Dave