Non-extensibility of Typed Arrays

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Tue Aug 27 09:26:21 PDT 2013

I am not aware of all the nuances of the discussion, but as a developer I would find the behavior for numeric expandos confusing. For a typed array of length 1024, setting `ta[1023]` would do something completely different from setting `ta[1024]`. Unlike normal arrays, setting `ta[1024]` would not change `ta.length`, and presumably `ta[1024]` would not be exposed by the various iteration facilities.

I would much rather received a loud error (in strict mode), which will either alert me to my code being weird, or possibly to my code committing an off-by-one error.