Non-extensibility of Typed Arrays

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Tue Aug 27 09:18:14 PDT 2013

The curent argument for non-extensibility seems to be mozilla doesn't support them.  It sounds like all other engines do.

There are plenty of reasons developers may want expandos - they're generally useful for holding different kinds of metadata.  By requiring a separate object to hold that information we're merely making a developer's life harder.  This is also inconsistent with all other magically-indexable types in ES and the DOM.

I'm also not sure what the performance gains of inextensibility are, if DH could expand it would be greatly appreciated.

--Oliver