Optional Strong Typing

Angel Java Lopez ajlopez2000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 13:40:49 PDT 2013

TypeScript are a move from Microsoft to become JavaScript more friendly to
VisualStudio developers. And to try typed scenarios.

I'm a VisualStudio-developer, and for years, I didn't need typed JavaScript
(as I didn't need type Python or Ruby). I feel that is the case with many
developers.

I guess the point is:

- Some developers prefer or feel more comfortable with typed system

But the point:

- Typed language allows large systems or something alike

is more debatable. I don't think so, and tons of JavaScript, Ruby, Python
programs, libraries, and complete system go against that point.

Having no typing, sometimes is easy to implement some features. In my
experience, I had more work and time in writing the same system in typed
language than in not-typed ones. And code complexity and refactor, can be
managed without pain.

I'm apologize bad English, but I hope I wrote an "clear" argument

Angel "Java" Lopez
@ajlopez