Refutable destructuring

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 15 21:27:33 PDT 2013

On Aug 14, 2013, at 9:54 AM, Dmitry Soshnikov <dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> throws
>
> to bind to undefined you would say:
>
> var {p=undefined} = {};
>

> OK, so it's turned out to be refutable nevertheless.

This is *not* what I remember of the conversation, at all.

My understanding was that pretty much everyone in the room, at least those who participated in the conversation, felt that refutable destructuring was a mistake, but that we couldn't really come to any conclusions without Brendan and Andreas there, since the two of them had championed refutable destructuring.

IOW, we don't have consensus about this issue.

Dave