Promises Consensus with /A+ terminology

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Aug 13 03:14:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Mark S. Miller <erights at google.com> wrote:
>>> For #2, since whatever DOM does quickly becomes a compat constraint on all
>>> future decisions, DOM should take the minimum subset of #1 which actually
>>> meets their short term needs. I leave it to those who understand those needs
>>> to argue about what these are.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the thenable question still impinges on the minimum subset. :/
>
> It seems there might be consensus on that now? It just seems safer and
> loads simpler to start out with deploying a subset that's more
> commonly agreed upon.

This remained unanswered for some reason. Promises are spreading like
wildfire through Gecko and B2G now. Chrome is implementing them.
Getting the details nailed down, or at least agreement on the /A+
subset, and then record them in http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/ as a start
would be great.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/