setImmediate

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Thu Aug 8 08:00:49 PDT 2013

Hmm, interesting!

I wonder if it could be event simpler than that, and after an arbitrary limit (in time, not number of microtasks), just reschedule for the next event loop turn's microtask phase. For promise applications there is no problem with this; I am not sure however if that is an entirely representative use case. You could definitely imagine some invariants being broken. I guess that's why you have a `'toolong'` event, although I am skeptical that users of microtasks will have the knowledge of what to do in order to uphold their invariants in the rare case of being preempted.

Anyway, it's exciting that there are indeed alternatives to the slow-script dialog :).