setImmediate

Forbes Lindesay forbes at lindesay.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 07:43:08 PDT 2013

> Slow-script dialogs are a misfeature.

As I see it, what we want out of the method that browsers handle infinite loop like code is:

1. Something which has the minimum possible impact on well designed pages.
2. Something which will gracefully kill badly designed pages before they break the user's device/drain the battery.

I think slow-script dialogs provide both of those in just about the best possible way.

Also, on the point about draining the battery, using very short timeouts is terrible for battery life but using `setImmediate` is considerably better.