f() = x de facto standard

Peter van der Zee ecma at qfox.nl
Wed Aug 7 06:44:25 PDT 2013

To be honest, I was championing that parser writers should write flexible
and supportive parsers and put strict ocd parsing under a flag/option.
Especially in this case, where you need a parser that should be able to
parse content parsable by a number of other parsers (-> browsers), you want
your parser to be as accepting as possible or it's useless in those
contexts.

I'm not saying "bring back `f()=x`" :) I don't see any point in that
myself. Thanks though, David.

- peter