IDL enumeration & String.prototype.normalize

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Aug 6 08:39:32 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
> The argument to String.prototype.noralization is not an enumeration (not an
> ES concept) but a string.  If the agument can not be converted to a string
> value, a TypeError is thrown.  If the string value is not within the range
> of expected values, a RangeError is thrown.  This is all normal ES
> conventions.

An IDL enumeration bottoms-out to that, though. It's just a high-level
concept (as are most IDL things) to enforce some level of consistency
across APIs. That you instead describe it in terms of the low-level
equivalent should not matter much for how we reason about them, unless
I'm missing something.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/