Realm, schmealm!

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 15:16:06 PDT 2013

Le 01/08/2013 19:50, Brendan Eich a écrit :
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>> Personally I'd like to drop document.domain entirely, but that's not
>> going
>> to fly any time soon.
>
> Yeah, let's not waste time on things that won't fly.
Out of curiosity, are there recent data on setting document.domain?
It's been quite a long time I haven't crossed it, replaced by
postMessage (most likely out of habit with cross-frame communication
where that's the only thing available) but I'm biased.

IIRC the only valid reason to set document.domain is pre-postMessage
cross-eTLD+1-frame communication.
How big is the intersection of websites both needing to support IE6/7
and cross-eTLD+1-frame communcation?

David