Destructuring Assignment spec status

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:44:20 PDT 2013

Hi,

Destructuring assignment (aka "non-strict pattern matching") seems was in
the draft spec for a while.

I'm currently implementing the feature in our local code transforms
pipeline, and it seemed to me that there is/was already a pretty stable
agreement on it.

Currently what I see is: irrefutable match with default values (plus,
spread/rest for arrays). However, I was informed that on the last meeting
the topic was raised again and the refutable/irrefutable aspects where
brought to the discussion again.

(it seems like this "refutable/irrefutable" thing was here for couple of
years already)

I wanted to clarify the current status, how active the topic is, was the
consensus achieved before, and how likely the current semantics will be
changed?

Thanks,
Dmitry