typeof extensibility, building on my Value Objects slides from Thursday's TC39 meeting

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Fri Aug 2 04:52:08 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:
> I thought this was not all that interoperable. What exactly are the
> intersection semantics? Not object identity change!

Gecko will change the prototype. WebKit will keep the prototype until
garbage collection has run at which point it will do the identify
change thing, as I understand it. Geoffrey might do an experiment at
some point to do the identify change directly. I'm not sure how
Internet Explorer tackles this.

However, by and a large things like node.appendChild() et al just work
and developers rarely hit those edges of non-interoperability.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/