Realm, schmealm!

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 1 07:31:51 PDT 2013

On 7/31/13 10:35 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> This seems like a bad bug in the html5 spec. Is there any public
> discussion explaining why the currently speced behavior should be
> considered acceptable?

"It's simple and implemented by the majority of UAs" is the main reason
as far as I can tell.  Ian is not going to spec something people are
unwilling to implement, because that would make the spec pretty
useless... and I can definitely understand his position.  The best way
to make progress here is to get UAs fixed.

-Boris