Future cancellation

Juan Ignacio Dopazo dopazo.juan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:17:03 PDT 2013

2013/4/30 Alex Russell <slightlyoff at google.com>

> First, synchronous resolution needs some justification. I don't understand
> why you've added it in the first design.

When I first read about the synchronous resolution flag I thought it made
sense, for example in the context of network requests. When a network
request is completed you can call resolve() with the synchronous flag
because you know you're in a new tick of the event loop. It basically
allows you to avoid scheduling notification in the future when you already
know you're being asynchronous.

Juan