Futures

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:11:49 PDT 2013

> > The difference would only surface when testing that case.
>
> Not quite. You can still have thenables that call `onFulfilled` with
> another thenable, to any depth. You can also insert a real promise at the
> end of any-length thenable chain.

I understand now.  Essentially, in the test you create an ad-hoc "promise"
whose value is a promise, by virtue of it calling its `then` callback with
another promise.

So A+ 1.1 does present an opinion on `then` semantics for
promises-of-promises.

FWIW, I think the DOMFuture behavior is more intuitive in this particular
edge case.  I also think that promises-for-promises are an edge case best
avoided at all costs.

{ Kevin }