Futures

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 12:23:20 PDT 2013

> Oops yeah. I guess that should be fixed. :/
>>

> Fixing that would break compatibility with Promises/A+. To remain
> compatible with A+ and unwrap only one layer, the spec would need a way to
> discern promises from thenables.

I don't think so.  It has no bearing on Promises/A+, because A+ doesn't
test the case where the promise's value is itself a promise.  Or to put it
another way, in A+ `then` will never give you a promise.

I've made the change to my prototype and it still passes A+ (as well as
passing that gist I linked to).

{ Kevin }