Internationalization: Minutes of 2013-04-19 meeting

Andrew Paprocki andrew at ishiboo.com
Thu Apr 25 20:36:49 PDT 2013

Regarding globalization:timezoneoffsets, I just wanted to share my
anecdotal evidence that Proposal 1 (Date.withTimeZone()) works very nicely
in production -- at Bloomberg I expose this exact API (named inTimeZone()
instead of withTimeZone(), though) to developers and it has worked very
well for the applications that need full IANA timezone support (e.g.,
displaying exchange-local dates or handling recurring events in other
timezones). I hope this winds up being preferred for inclusion in the spec.
Thanks for all the hard work Norbert!

Thanks,
-Andrew