ES6 __proto__ test suite

Brian Terlson Brian.Terlson at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 25 15:50:51 PDT 2013

I think it is a reasonable goal to have "complete" (possibly shallow) spec coverage in test262 prior to ES6 ratification. I am not sure if this goal is officially stated but it's something I'm working toward regardless. I will need significant help from other implementers and the community to reach this goal, though. I can't speak for other implementers, but any spec ambiguities or bugs we come across are brought up either on this mailing list or at a TC-39 meeting.

I understand the frustration with lack of Test262 progress; it would have been preferable to start this effort in earnest earlier. I'm at a point now where I can start doing more, and I hope you can help as well with making the test suite more useful for implementers and the community and getting as many high quality tests as we can in the suite. The thread linked by Rick is indeed just step 1. It makes sense to me to get some fundamentals in place before we start asking for contributions so we don't have to do more work than necessary. Hope this makes sense, but if not, feel free to chime in on test262-discuss!