Futures (was: Request for JSON-LD API review)

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Wed Apr 24 07:07:31 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Ron Buckton <rbuckton at chronicles.org> wrote:
> * Future#then (tentatively adds the options argument in my proposal for forcing synchronous execution of continuation)
> * Future#done (tentatively adds the options argument in my proposal for forcing synchronous execution of continuation)
> * Future#catch (tentatively adds the options argument in my proposal for forcing synchronous execution of continuation)

Why is that not up to the resolver? I think I'm missing something here.

> * Future.of (extension. coerces thenables)
> * Future.resolve

What would be the difference between these?

> * Future.some (with properly ordered reject array value)
> * Future.every (with properly ordered resolve array value)

These are now fixed in the specification.

I added the simple static completed future constructors
(accept/resolve/reject). I'm waiting a bit with the library until
there's more implementations and some feedback.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/