B.3.1 The __proto__ pseudo property

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 23 15:51:59 PDT 2013

You are filing the wrong bug, asking for the wrong thing.

What V8 implemented was based on a misunderstanding of the January
tentative consensus. The setter should not always throw.

We're working through the details to re-establish consensus here, in
advance of the mid-May meeting. In the mean time, I suggest you not file
v8 issues.

/be